[linux-audio-dev] Mx41 update

Robert Jonsson rj at spamatica.se
Sat Jan 29 20:42:41 UTC 2005

lördagen den 29 januari 2005 21.12 skrev Robert Jonsson:
> Hey there,
>
> I just realised that Mx41 now supports both alsa and jack :).
>
> I took it for a spin though the result was very confusing. It seems OSS is
> still used even if alsa is detected, atleast it seemed I don't have to
> connect anything in alsa to get my external keyboard to make sound through
> it.
> Also I was unable to switch patches, infact, nothing I did in the GUI
> seemed to change anything...
> Is there some beginners error I'm doing?

Hmmm, I had tried it as root, I tried as a normal user and it worked much
better. I could also switch patches in the GUI. Editing the sounds seemed
very tempermental though, I think I managed to change some parameter but not
a lot...
The GUI takes a little getting used to also, but for some reason that's the
norm for synths ;)

Lastly, updating it to a DSSI would be a great feat for the integration
possibilities.

/Robert

--
http://spamatica.se/music/