[linux-audio-dev] OSC-Question

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Tue Mar 15 12:59:51 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 20:12, Arnold Krille wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> after some of the latest discussions about audio-apps without gui, my head is
> filled with giving JackMix[1] OSC-Support and perhaps splitting it into a
> text-based / osc-based server doing the mixing and a gui...
>
> So my question arises: Which OSC-implementation to use?
> I had a look into Steve Harris' liblo and libOSC++. The later seems more
> appealing to me since I am a C++-Guy.
>
> What do you folks think? What do you propose? What are you using?

I'm a C++ guy, and I haven't looked in much depth at the alternatives,
but I find liblo extremely simple and elegant to use.

I use a ringbuffer layer on top of liblo to get the messages sent
automatically to an rt audio thread, but I think this feature is
planned/or possibly exists for liblo already?

cheers,

dave