[linux-audio-dev] Aeolus and OSC - comments requested

Fons Adriaensen fons.adriaensen at skynet.be
Thu May 12 17:52:22 UTC 2005

On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 02:52:44AM +1000, Dave Robillard wrote:

> FWIW, Om's OSC documentation (in both directions) is also online:
>
> http://www.nongnu.org/om-synth/engine_osc_namespace.html
> http://www.nongnu.org/om-synth/client_osc_namespace.html

Thanks, some more reference material to read !

> An OSC note standard would be nice, but I don't know if it's even
> possible (it's different for everyone).  Service discovery and namespace
> enumeration need to just make it a nonexistant problem IMO.

On MIDI, the note commands come on a 'channel' and this is handled
in Aeolus as follows:

channels -> [MIDI matrix] -> keyboards -> [coupler matrix] -> divisions

Would something like the MIDI channel matrix be useful for OSC ? My current
view is that OSC note commands should refer directly to the keyboards.
Something like

--
FA