[linux-audio-dev] Bug in RT Pre-empt Kernel Patch?

Sat May 14 05:06:40 UTC 2005

Le samedi 14 mai 2005 à 09:15 +1000, Shayne O'Connor a écrit :
> i've just compiled a 2.6.12.RC4 kernel with the rt-preempt patch
> (configured with PREEMPT_RT) and it all went ok, but after installing
> the binary Nvidia drivers, i get this bug message:
>
> BUG: modprobe/2085, lock held at task exit time!
>  [de2887e4] {(struct semaphore *)(&os_sema->wait)}
> .. held by:          modprobe: 2085 [dfceec30, 118]
> ... acquired at:  os_alloc_sema+0x40/0x76 [nvidia]
>

> should i send this to the kernel list? will this cause problems on my
> system?

Sending bug reports to lkml for things that break when you have Nvidia
drivers (regardless of whether the driver has anything to do with the
problem) is generally a very good way to receive all kinds of insults.
The only thing I can suggest (other than getting rid of the nvidia
driver) is to send the bug report to the nvidia driver list.

	Jean-Marc

--
Jean-Marc Valin <Jean-Marc.Valin at USherbrooke.ca>
Université de Sherbrooke