[linux-audio-dev] Guidelines for developing a music editor

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at fuse.net
Sat May 14 22:57:50 UTC 2005

Considering that I am late to this conversation and have failed to
completely read-up on the entire thread, I may end-up sounding completely
redundant. That being said :-), if you are interested in alternate tuning
using kludge MIDI standard, you can do 2 of the following:

1) Get a synth that supports custom tuning and simply remaps default MIDI
note-on/off messages to different pitches (this is less than optimal as it
is far from an universal solution).

2) Get into some of the solutions written that provide you with MIDI score
where one note is played per channel with some amount of pitch-bend applied
to it. I would suggest looking into Christopher Bailey's LISP web-based
script that generates such MIDI scorefiles. For more info please see:

http://music.columbia.edu/~chris/micromidi/main.html

Hope this helps!

Best wishes,

Ivica Ico Bukvic, composer & multimedia sculptor
http://meowing.ccm.uc.edu/~ico/