[linux-audio-dev] Re: Status of mLAN or similar?

torbenh at gmx.de torbenh at gmx.de
Thu Nov 3 20:58:29 UTC 2005

On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 11:18:23AM -0700, seablade at softhome.net wrote:
> Heh I really should get my head checked, my memory is going on me, so yea I
> looked into NetJack, it is for Linux;)  So if the author is reading this I
> may be able to give you some feedback soon on if it works crossplatform(x86
> Linux to PPC Mac).
>
> However is there a way to get more than a stereo pair going back and forth,
> or am I limited in that function for right now?
>
>        Seablade

robert jonssen has a mac and implemented the endianess stuff.
my current work in cvs does not convert everything. i will fix this
soon. but i am focussing on getting the transport sync between the hosts
working.

it is definitely a goal to make it work cross platform.

because i intend to make some jam session with a friend of mine who will
return in january to germany....

in the mean time i need testers who verify cross-platform.

and yes you are currently limited to 2 channels because stupid me
hardcoded the 2 in some places i did not tidy up yet.
but if you use 100mbit 4 channels should be possible without any
drawbacks.

step by step. i dont have much spare time :(

--
torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language