[linux-audio-dev] Re: Status of mLAN or similar?

torbenh at gmx.de torbenh at gmx.de
Sun Nov 6 12:27:18 UTC 2005

On Sat, Nov 05, 2005 at 04:01:00PM +0100, Robert Jonsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thursday 03 Nov 2005 21:58, torbenh at gmx.de wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 03, 2005 at 11:18:23AM -0700, seablade at softhome.net wrote:
> > > Heh I really should get my head checked, my memory is going on me, so yea
> > > I looked into NetJack, it is for Linux;)
>
> You don't need to get your head checked. The unfortunate truth is that there
> are two more or less unrelated netjack projects, one is for MacOS, one is for
> Linux.
> As Torben points out I did get it to work with PPC Linux (to some degree
> atleast) but it won't work with MacOS.
> The network-transport mechanism is not the same between the two so it won't
> work using macosx-netjack <--> linux-netjack either, atleast not for the
> moment.

i was not aware of this.
i cant get the sourcecode of netjack-osx because the j sf cvs services are
down... always release source tarballs.

ok... now i think this namechoice was REALLY bad.
i believe, that both projects work differently.
anybody can tell me how the sync is done ?

we need a new project name:

fast.
project can be found using google.
no real conflicts.