[linux-audio-dev] Re: Mixer controls

seablade at softhome.net seablade at softhome.net
Tue Nov 8 12:27:16 UTC 2005

Alfons Adriaensen writes:

> Broadcast consoles have some special features that you would't
> find on typical music consoles. For broadcast, you will want
> to be able to listen to something before it goes on air (pfl),
> while for recording a post-fader solo is much more useful.
> Another feature you will not find on standard mixers is an
> N-1 feed (main mix minus one channel), for example to send
> back over a telephone line, or to a outside broadcast location.

Err live boards do have both pre-fade and post-fade solo/cue busses
depending on the board.  IN fact it is very useful to pre-cue things as
needed or ensure that something is working correctly.

The N-1 feature I didnt know about though and is not something I have come
across on any live board though.

         Seablade