[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA, GUIs, OSC and LADSPA_HINT_SAMPLE_RATE

Luis Garrido luisgarrido at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 16 20:40:21 UTC 2005

Hi!

I am working on a GUI designing tool for LADSPA/DSSI around Qt
designer. The idea is to extend the DSSI gui concept to LADSPA (OSC
control included) and provide a skinnable tool to manually design
GUIs. I plan also to include some user interaction enhancements.

You can see some fancy concept diagram here

http://flam.sourceforge.net/

There is some code behind it, too, but at the moment its structure is
fluctuating and no effort of autotoolization/sconification has been
done. There is a working skinnable slider and flamwizard is half
finished.

The skinnability will by provided by means of QStyle plugins. You can
have very minimalistic depictions of the UI gadgets or hardware panel
simulations.

The GUI viewer, called flammer, will allow for loading/saving presets
and load alternate GUI layouts for a given plugin at runtime.

Now I have a doubt about LADSPA_HINT_SAMPLE_RATE. To effectively
incorporate this hinting in the GUI, the host must have some means of
letting know the GUI what the current sample rate is. Is there any
standard procedure for achieving this?

Comments, ideas, please?

Cheers,

Luis