[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA, GUIs, OSC and LADSPA_HINT_SAMPLE_RATE

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Nov 16 21:07:49 UTC 2005

On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 09:40:21 +0100, Luis Garrido wrote:
> Now I have a doubt about LADSPA_HINT_SAMPLE_RATE. To effectively
> incorporate this hinting in the GUI, the host must have some means of
> letting know the GUI what the current sample rate is. Is there any
> standard procedure for achieving this?

No, I dont think there is, and thats a good point. We forgot about that
when we designed DSSI. The intnertion was that it would be possible to
build generic GUI tools.

I guess it should be added to the list of things sent when the UI
requests its initial state dump. <base path>/sample-rate seems reaonsable.

- Steve