[linux-audio-dev] Old tracks finaly recorded and mastered

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Thu Oct 20 10:09:30 UTC 2005

Thorsten Wilms wrote:

> The only problem was having to convert the 32bit float WAVs to
> 16 bit for lame, as it doesn't recognize that format.

There was a version of LAME that used the 0.0.X series of libsndfile
for file I/O. I don't know hat happened to that. Its pretty trivial
to update that code to use 1.0.X libsndfile.

> I used
> sndfile-convert for that. Too bad it doesn't take a flag for
> the output format, but requires filenames for that.

sndfile-convert understands -pcm16, -pcm24 and others.

It only uses the file extension to figure out the desination
file's container type (AU, AIFF, WAV etc).

Erik
  Erik de Castro Lopo