[linux-audio-dev] Which sequencer framework for a simple MIDI drum looper ?

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Tue Aug 15 14:03:15 UTC 2006

>- Midishare (can be driven in Java, Lisp, ...)  *provided that I can
>get it to compile on my Gentoo box ...
>http://midishare.sourceforge.net/

I work with MidiShare quite a bit, and I have to say that if you get
it going on your system, it really is one of the nicest,
best-performing MIDI API's around .. of course the fact that it comes
with a Sequencer lib that supports up to 256 tracks is a bonus too ..
;)

That said, it may not be quite "ALSA mainstream" enough of an API to
warrant usage, but if you have control over your system and get
MidiShare.o built and in use, you've got a damn fine MIDI API,
oft-overlooked ..

--

;

Jay Vaughan