[linux-audio-dev] job offer... [Fwd: Algorithm Development Manager (Full-Time)]

Tracey Hytry shakti at bayarea.net
Sat Aug 26 02:05:57 UTC 2006

We live out here in the valley where the headhunters are still trying to recover from the last bust.

It's hard when you have the outlook of a car salesperson trying to sell people to companies.  First they have to get companies to trust them, and then have to present the most sparkling people to them.  And oh, there is the spam advertising of your services!

The problem is, most of it's a big charade.  The companies overstate what they need, trying to to get some decent talent into what could be a rather mundane job;  and the headhunters encourage the would be employees to pad(shine up) their resumes.

Sometimes it can be said that these salespeople are a necessary evil, but I see them more like the people that are taking 4 or 5 percent of the sale of a house just because they know who to refer the buyer to  to close the deal.  Sorry for being a little sarcastic here.

Tracey.