[linux-audio-dev] Laptop mic-input sound quality.

James Courtier-Dutton James at superbug.co.uk
Mon Dec 4 19:03:09 UTC 2006

Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
> Good built-in audio + laptop = lesson in futility
>
> Ico

It is technically possible to get good built-in audio. It is just that
laptop manufactures don't bother.
For example, The Creative Audigy 2 ZS Notebook is a PCMCIA card that has
very good quality audio capture, and that is sitting inside the laptop,
so why can't the laptop itself have good quality mic input?

Note: I will soon be adding Linux ALSA support for the Audigy 2 ZS
Notebook PCMCIA card. Today I managed to get the mic/line-in capture
working, but will be a little time before I have anything I can check
into the ALSA repository.

James