[linux-audio-dev] Re: [Alsa-user] alsa, oss and jack

Dominique Michel dominique.michel at citycable.ch
Sun Dec 31 10:52:22 UTC 2006

Le Sun, 31 Dec 2006 02:21:20 -0500,
Lee Revell <rlrevell at joe-job.com> a écrit :

> On Sat, 2006-12-30 at 18:06 +0100, Dominique Michel wrote:
> > The result was at the sound from flash 9
> > (some kind of worst case scenario) when listening to
> > http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/ConcertDetail.aspx?id=2229|3385 was
> > hopping all the time, when it's hopping without any .asoundrc only
> > when I open or close a windows or when I shift from a virual desktop
> > to another one.
>
> Did you install the latest Flash 9 beta?  Earlier versions did not work
> well for me.
>
> Lee

Thank you Bill and Lee.

It is the last beta from portage in gentoo, that is 9.0.21.78 and it is the
last version (installer 112006).

After restarting not only alsa but the whole system and running flash on the
same website with just 2 open windows in firefox, the sound work much better.
The processor load was very high on the first test. And I am able to record
from audacity without any .asoundrc file.

Is it possible to run flash with jack? My wm is currently fvwm-crystal. I try
to run arts with konqueror and arts with jack as sound server. I can see arts in
the connection windows of qjackctl, the sound is here but already hoping with a
processor load of 17% and I don't have flash in qjackctl. So, is it possible to
run flash 9 with jack and firefox?

Cheers,
Dominique