[linux-audio-dev] "free"? "open"?

Bradford Garton garton at columbia.edu
Wed Feb 22 05:16:31 UTC 2006

Yikes -- I thought the original question concerned the merits/demerits of
free, but non-source vs. open-source (obviously free) software.  Which is
sort of an interesting question.  I can see valid arguments on both sides,
and personally I feel that context plays an important role.  But as an
academic I'm now required to yell 'context' whenever possible.

Of course the discussion rapidly devolved into the tired old 'commercial
vs. other' argument, as usual.  By the way, I thought the notion of
pirating free software was sort of silly...

brad