[linux-audio-dev] Karlsruhe

Christoph Eckert ce at christeck.de
Mon Feb 27 23:27:56 UTC 2006

> > * There are some old towns nearby worth a visit like Worms, Speyer,
> > Freiburg and Strasbourg. The last one really is worth a visit, and
> > you have even been to France/Alsace :)
>
> Ahem. Hiedelberg? The jewel of the Neckar ?

of course, it's not far, but I personally dislike it a bit because of
the many students that crowd the city ;-) .

> Also, the Odenwald is not far away, for hilly hiking/cycling.

I have grown in the Odenwald, and I think there are much more
interesting mountains/regions in germany like the Franconian
Switzerland:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franconian_Switzerland
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/FrÀnkische_Schweiz

Besides the many breweries, there are nice rocks (usually crowded by
japanese freeclimbers ;-) , nice caves, villages, old churches, there's
Bayreuth and Sanspareil:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanspareil
so...

> --p (remembering his glory days as one of the odenwald's first
> mountain bikers back in 1986)

...maybe for your next bike trip :) ?

Best regards

ce