[linux-audio-dev] ALSA USB Driver

Sampo Savolainen v2 at iki.fi
Sun Jan 15 22:00:58 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-15 at 16:20 -0500, Thomas Vecchione wrote:
> In as far as the M-Audio thing goes, I have had some nasty run ins with
> them recently(Exact things like this)unfortunatly and am trying to steer
> clear for a bit from them, part of the reason I decided to spend the
> extra money for an RME interface;)

Good choice. :)

Except for one exception. Even the great almighty RME has been reluctant
in releasing details for their fireface. That device is definitely out
of the question for linux users.

You might have heard about freebob, which is a alpha-stage driver for
some firewire devices. it doesn't work with the fireface. (and isn't
there yet for serious work for any device anyway).

--
Sampo Savolainen <v2 at iki.fi>