[linux-audio-dev] ALSA USB Driver

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 22:48:56 UTC 2006

>  :)
>
> Except for one exception. Even the great almighty RME has been reluctant
> in releasing details for their fireface. That device is definitely out
> of the question for linux users.

Yes I was aware of this, but it never hurts to get a reminder.  It looks
like once my rep gets back in at sweetwater I will probably be ordering
the RME Hammerfall 9632(The 24/192 Interface with Analog In/Outs and
192kHz optional expansion boards...  Insert Drool here) as it is a nice
balance for my budget at the moment.  I was thinking about the 96/52 as
I like ADAT as a medium, I just dont have the money for some AD/DA
converters to do it justice though and replace my Pres.  I think the
96/32 will serve me good as that one IS listed in Alsa, Thanks Paul is
it who wrote the drivers for that one?;)

Yea at the moment I ahve one of the earlier interfaces that could do
24/96 and am having problems, in particular at the upper end of the
sample rates, but even in general(See my post Sorting Out XRuns in
Audio-User) that I think are more to do with the card showing its age
and possible consumerness;)

What I mentioned above though was for a possible portable setup, I have
a Marantz but I am not happy with the Pres on it, and was considering
picking up a decent QTopia based PDA, putting ALSA on it, and using the
USB connection for the Apogee to give me a nice portable 24/96 setup
with good pres.  Still considering it, but I havent found anything that
says USB standards compliant on the Apogee docs, even though from
looking at their installation docs I woudl bet it is, I am not spending
that 1.2k before I know for sure;)  Besides that would be a ways off.

Anyways I ramble, thanks for the help again.  Have fun.

        Seablade