[linux-audio-dev] Hello and Python bindings for LADSPA

Jono Bacon jonobacon at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 13:24:00 UTC 2006

Hi Lars,

> DSSI has support for GUIs, but there the GUIs are separate programs that
> communicate with the host using OSC, there are no widgets in the
> plugins.
>
> LADSPA plugins only know about signal processing, nothing about GUIs.

Oh, I was under the impression that each LADSPA plugin had a toolkit
independent spec file (such as an XML) which should be parsed and
rendered in the host toolkit. I must have read about something else.
So how do LADSPA plugins deal with GUI controls?

Also, are you aware of any Python bindings?

Thanks Lars.

  Jono