[linux-audio-dev] Re: Hello and Python bindings for LADSPA

Jono Bacon jonobacon at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 14:05:33 UTC 2006

On 7/16/06, Lars Luthman <lars.luthman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Some plugins (far from all or even most) have an associated RDF/XML file
> that describe some properties of the plugin and its parameters. I don't
> know how useful they would be for GUI rendering, I have never tried
> writing anything that uses them.

Right, so the xml file is not mandated to represent gui info. I see.

> LADSPA plugins themselves usually don't care about GUIs at all, it's up
> to the plugin host to create a GUI for the plugin.

So if i understand you correctly, each host needs to present a
specific gui for plugins. Doesn't this make ladspa not partcularly
'pluggable' if the host needs to know about plugins in the first
place? I thought the point of ladspa was that you could just install
third party pluginsand the gui would just work.

Thanks,

  jono