[linux-audio-dev] LV2 Turtle requirement

Steve Harris S.W.Harris at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Jul 16 22:06:34 UTC 2006

On Sun, Jul 16, 2006 at 05:38:15PM +0000, carmen wrote:
> On Sun Jul 16, 2006 at 07:35:19PM +0200, Lars Luthman wrote:
> > On Sun, 2006-07-16 at 17:28 +0000, carmen wrote:
> > > i notice this file: http://lv2plug.in/spec/lv2.ttl is in the nicely readable
> > > turtle format. my main question is, whether this will be transformed to RDF-XML
> > > during 'make install' or perhaps by the developer themselves (Eg, similar to
> > > leaving a configure script around for those who dont have autoconf).
> >
> > I hope not - I've already written a host that parses Turtle and only
> > Turtle.
>
> you hope not what? it just seems like Turtle should be developers choice, and the format in the .bundle should be more standard - even Firefox can parse RDF/XML out of the box. the vast majority of the cool tools like Fresnel/Protoge that some develoeprs might want to edit their schemas in, don't support Turtle as well, AFAIK..

I've never heard of Fresnel, but Protege can read N3, which is a superset
of Turtle. There's some pretty strong anti-XML feeling in this community,
and Turtle was less contraversial all round.

Personally I prefer reading and writing Turtle to RDF/XML, which is pretty
hideous. If your tool of choice can't read Turtle directly, just use
something like rapper to turn it into RDF/XML first.

- Steve