[linux-audio-dev] LV2 Turtle requirement

Dave Robillard drobilla at connect.carleton.ca
Mon Jul 17 00:33:08 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-07-16 at 17:28 +0000, carmen wrote:
> i notice this file: http://lv2plug.in/spec/lv2.ttl is in the nicely readable turtle format. my main question is, whether this will be transformed to RDF-XML during 'make install' or perhaps by the developer themselves (Eg, similar to leaving a configure script around for those who dont have autoconf).
>
> mainly beacuse, it seems RDF-XML is the dominant serialization format, and having this additional dependency stand in the way means, at the very least one can't use Pyrple out of the box. i installed Redland and the Ruby and TCL bindings, and both conspicuously left out the "Redland::Parser.turtle" method, presumably beacuse i dont have it installed (and it's not in portage...)
>
> cheers

Why would you want to take a nice, readable format, and translate it
into the confusing bloated mess that is RDF/XML automatically and by
default?  Because some particular toolkit can't read N3/Turtle yet?
Silly.

If the toolkit you want to use sucks, then you can convert the N3/Turtle
to RDF/XML yourself easily enough...

-DR-