[linux-audio-dev] Re: Hello and Python bindings for LADSPA

Loki Davison loki.davison at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 02:45:21 UTC 2006

On 7/17/06, Jono Bacon <jonobacon at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/16/06, Lars Luthman <lars.luthman at gmail.com> wrote:
> > No, why? You generate the GUIs at runtime - if you load a plugin that
> > has 4 "boolean" parameters you add 4 checkboxes or levers or whatever
> > you have to your plugin GUI, and if you load a plugin that has a single
> > parameter bounded between 0 and 6 you create a slider that slides from 0
> > to 6 and add it to your plugin GUI.
>
> Right, so I would detect the capabilities of ports and construct a GUI
> around that. I get what you mean.
>
> Thanks,
>
>   Jono

Have you looked into LV2 btw? It will be ready soon. For your kind of
app i'm assuming DSSI support would be very handy. How well does
jokosher work low latency? Which python jack bindings are you using?
Have you got dsp and gui process separation? I was thinking about a
DAW/midi/osc sequencer with this kind of arch, python for gui, c for
dsp stuff, process separated and communication over OSC.

Loki