[linux-audio-dev] Re: Hello and Python bindings for LADSPA

Jono Bacon jonobacon at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 10:38:37 UTC 2006

On 7/17/06, Loki Davison <loki.davison at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you looked into LV2 btw? It will be ready soon. For your kind of
> app i'm assuming DSSI support would be very handy. How well does
> jokosher work low latency? Which python jack bindings are you using?
> Have you got dsp and gui process separation? I was thinking about a
> DAW/midi/osc sequencer with this kind of arch, python for gui, c for
> dsp stuff, process separated and communication over OSC.

I had not seen LV2, and it looks very exciting and interesting. DSSI
support would also be good when we get MIDI integration. In terms of
latency, thats a GStreamer issue, and although it is not perfect right
now, the GStreamer guys are looking into solving some syncing issues.
As for Python Jack bindings, we don't use Jack, we use GStreamer. Our
audio processing and GUI is very seperated.

Cheers!

  Jono