[linux-audio-dev] Re: Akai's MPC4000 Sampler/Workstation Open Source Project

carmen _ at whats-your.name
Thu Jul 27 18:02:07 UTC 2006

> You've just made a huge mistake... you just told linux zealots that
> linux is uncapable of something... now we are going to make it
> possible... ;)

not that its incapable. im just wondering...why?

you just coughed up $2995 for some buttons and embedded audio hw. wouldnt you rather use the OS you paid them to make run well on the device? does that OS not do what you want? why'd you buy the device then instead of a 99 euro drum pad set, a 999 euro laptop, and build you own software? at least that way you don't need to build an OS. or even sound or FS or file-format drivers from scratch..

not that im discouraging the project. i just think most people here would be a lot more interested in developing open hardware, then adding value to an already overpriced toy..