[linux-audio-dev] Juce now has ALSA support!

James Courtier-Dutton James at superbug.co.uk
Wed Mar 1 12:31:09 UTC 2006

Julian Storer wrote:
> Am I right in assuming that by default you mean the "plughw:" devices?
> On my machine the plughw: device glitched constantly, but the hw:
> devices worked really well. There was also some other reason I chose
> that.. can't remember offhand what it was though.
"default" means just that. use the name "default" instead of plughw:....
or hw:0,0
If the device glitched when using "plughw:" then it is a bug in ALSA or
your application.
How is you application deciding on sample rate?

There is no sensible reason to ever use the "hw:0,0" device. Always use
the "plug:front" and friends.
If an application only works with "hw:0,0" it has been written wrongly.

James

P.S. Please don't top post.