[linux-audio-dev] Juce now has ALSA support!

cdr ix at replic.net
Wed Mar 1 12:44:07 UTC 2006

On Wed Mar 01, 2006 at 12:31:09PM +0000, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> Julian Storer wrote:

yeah,  this is good news , a windows/mac developer who has ventured into the fray. awfully rare in this day and age. to most of these people, its as if this world doesnt exist.

> >Am I right in assuming that by default you mean the "plughw:" devices?
> >On my machine the plughw: device glitched constantly, but the hw:
> >devices worked really well. There was also some other reason I chose
> >that.. can't remember offhand what it was though.
> "default" means just that. use the name "default" instead of plughw:....
> or hw:0,0
> If the device glitched when using "plughw:" then it is a bug in ALSA or
> your application.
> How is you application deciding on sample rate?
>
> There is no sensible reason to ever use the "hw:0,0" device. Always use
> the "plug:front" and friends.
> If an application only works with "hw:0,0" it has been written wrongly.
>
> James
>
> P.S. Please don't top post.

what does this mean. put the reply below the quoted content? in most readers i can think of off the top of myy head, the top is the best place to put a reply,. since it is more likely to show up in a brief synopsis, ,and not require paging down.. but then most of the world likes to prewrap their messages which is annoyingly narrow on a big screen or suffers from linebreak-hell on a cellphone, , so i guess i'll remain on the fringes of acceptability