[linux-audio-dev] Letter to kernel developers?

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Sun Mar 12 22:20:38 UTC 2006

Can someone please help me find a link to the open letter to kernel
developers regarding horrible latency with kernel 2.6 that Paul Davis,
Benno Sennoner and others posted to LKML in early 2004 (NOT the one from
2000) - the one that led Ingo to develop the voluntary preemption
patches.

I cannot find it with any amount of googling, and my local LKML archive
only starts in July 2004.

There was such a letter right?  Am I crazy or just making this up?

Lee