[linux-audio-dev] Re: Letter to kernel developers?

Paul set at pobox.com
Mon Mar 13 05:23:38 UTC 2006

Lee Revell <rlrevell at joe-job.com>, on Sun Mar 12, 2006 [05:20:38 PM] said:
> Can someone please help me find a link to the open letter to kernel
> developers regarding horrible latency with kernel 2.6 that Paul Davis,
> Benno Sennoner and others posted to LKML in early 2004 (NOT the one from
> 2000) - the one that led Ingo to develop the voluntary preemption
> patches.
>
> I cannot find it with any amount of googling, and my local LKML archive
> only starts in July 2004.
>
> There was such a letter right?  Am I crazy or just making this up?
>
> Lee

	Hi;

	Are these the threads you are refering to?

2.6.X, NPTL, SCHED_FIFO and JACK :
http://lkml.org/lkml/2004/6/30/104

(In my archive; which consists only of posts I have read on lkml,
this is the first for Paul Davis in 2004, after that it mostly
seems to be responses to Ingos patchs.)

[announce] [patch] Voluntary Kernel Preemption Patch :
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0407.1/0377.html

Paul
set at pobox.com