[linux-audio-dev] Midi Sync

krampenschiesser at freenet.de krampenschiesser at freenet.de
Mon Mar 27 19:50:44 UTC 2006

Hi all,
I'm currently writing a very simple step sequencer.
It runs fine and has many features I wanted :P
But the sync causes me headaches.
I can start my sequencer more then one time(of course), so
they all start in a sepereate window and have an own midi out thread.
My problem is to sync them all.
I thought that the main app, from which I launch the step seqs, has got an own thread, which count a whole tact and starts the selected midi out thread of the new seq.
But as it is possible to use crazy length(as 1/7 or so) I think my
sequencers will get out of sync.
And if one sequencer hangs, it will get out of sync, too.
But how can I get it back in sync?
Questions questions questions...
I hope you understand my problem and have a solution.
p.s.: I want to keep it platform independent, as it uses rtmidi and sdl which run on all audio platforms.

Christian

--
If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.
		-- Albert Einstein