[linux-audio-dev] Anyone else ever run a THD test on Jamin?

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Sun Nov 5 23:07:33 UTC 2006

On Sun, Nov 05, 2006 at 09:44:14PM +0000, Dan Mills wrote:
> Hi all,
> While hacking around with aliasing effects in digital compressors (Yes
> it is real, yes you can hear it!), I happened to run a 10Khz sine wave
> into jamin  with an instance of Jaaa hooked up to the output.
>
> The results were 'interesting' as it appears that jamin introduces
> easily measurable harmonic distortion even with all compressors and eq
> bypassed! Switching the master bypass in jamin however does make the
> effect go away.

I haven't tried anything like that, but I did notice that listening
to the low band soloed (no mids, no highs) there was some easily
audible distortion that I couldn't get rid of.
When turning off the solo switch, it either went away or was masked by
the mids and highs.
Not sure which version of JAMIN, this was early 2006 and
I haven't used it lately.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com