[linux-audio-dev] C++ guru needed (again)

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Tue Nov 21 13:33:12 UTC 2006

Greetings:

The following message is produced by Debian's GCC4 in 64Studio when
compiling Csound5 for AMD64:

g++ -o frontends/fltk_gui/CsoundGlobalSettings.o -c -fexceptions -Wall
-g -gstabs -O2 -fPIC -DLINUX -DPIPES -DHAVE_LIBSNDFILE=1016 -DHAVE_FLTK
-DBETA -DHAVE_FCNTL_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -DHAVE_STDINT_H -DHAVE_SYS_TIME_H
-DHAVE_SYS_TYPES_H -DHAVE_TERMIOS_H -DHAVE_SOCKETS -DHAVE_DIRENT_H -I.
-IH -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
-Iinterfaces -I/usr/include/freetype2
frontends/fltk_gui/CsoundGlobalSettings.cpp
frontends/fltk_gui/CsoundGlobalSettings.cpp: In constructor
'CsoundGlobalSettings::CsoundGlobalSettings()':
frontends/fltk_gui/CsoundGlobalSettings.cpp:47: internal compiler error:
output_operand: invalid expression as operand
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
For Debian GNU/Linux specific bug reporting instructions,
see <URL:file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.1/README.Bugs>.
Preprocessed source stored into /tmp/ccDt1tHZ.out file, please attach
this to your bugreport.
scons: *** [frontends/fltk_gui/CsoundGlobalSettings.o] Error 1

John ffitch has successfully compiled Cs5 for AMD64 with FLTK support,
but he used GCC3. I've tried the various options for scons, but got no
joy whenever I used Word64=1, the build always dies at the same point.
Yes, I do see the compiler report request, but when I searched Google I
found documents stating that this particular error was supposed to be
resolved already by GCC4.

Does anyone see what needs to be done to get past this point with the
FLTK stuff in Cs5 ? Any suggestions for a fix ? I'll gladly furnish any
other imformation required, just let me know what's needed.

Best,

dp