[linux-audio-dev] Yet Another Scrolling Scope

Fons Adriaensen fons.adriaensen at skynet.be
Wed Nov 22 21:06:31 UTC 2006

On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 08:14:11PM +0100, Dominic Sacré wrote:

 > Got one problem though: high CPU load (I'm not kidding). At small window
 > sizes everything's fine, but when it exceeds a certain size (a little
 > less than fullscreen on my machine), CPU load immediately goes up from
 > ~5% to 100%, drawing starts to lag behind, and X becomes very sluggish...

How much is fullscreen or your system ? This looks like insufficient
pixmap space on the X-server.

I've noticed another lock-up problem: yass stops scrolling and
takes 100% CPU. Happened once here after many hours of running.
The two may be related.

Here is the real .yassrc:

% Configuration file for Yass

% Everything in this file can also be put in a system-wide
% configuration file '/etc/yass.conf'.
%
% Instances started with -name NAME will read '~/.NAMErc'
% instead of this file.
%
% The same options can also be put in '~/.Xdefaults', and
% will then apply to all instances started by the same user.

% Default number of channels and connections.
% Modify as required
%
Yass.nchan: 8
Yass.trace.colors: 11223344
Yass.input_1: alsa_pcm:capture_1
Yass.input_2: alsa_pcm:capture_2
Yass.input_3: alsa_pcm:capture_3
Yass.input_4: alsa_pcm:capture_4
Yass.input_5: alsa_pcm:capture_5
Yass.input_6: alsa_pcm:capture_6
Yass.input_7: alsa_pcm:capture_7
Yass.input_8: alsa_pcm:capture_8

% Alternate colors, uncomment and modify to taste.
%
%Yass.color.main.bg:    black
%Yass.color.trace.bg:   white
%Yass.color.trace.c0    gray50