[linux-audio-dev] very nice looking HW

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Thu Sep 7 20:27:04 UTC 2006

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 04:30:24PM +0200, nescivi wrote:
> On Wednesday 06 September 2006 16:25, Alfons Adriaensen wrote:
> > Any chance of this ever being supported in Linux ?
> >
> >   http://www.marian.de/en/products/ucon_cx
>
> I believe they just need someone to write the drivers....
>
> they did not seem completely against Linux, when I talked to them on the AES
> (for the second time..)...

They have already released specs for some older cards.  I wonder how
they feel about people desiring to write drivers for linux when the
older cards never had support added?

At this point the older cards are kinda pricy though.  I believe it
would cost me less to buy a Delta 44 than it would to buy the equivelent
Marian card, and I suspect the Delta44 is a bit nicer.  But people in
Europe might find the pricing different.

PS, if anyone wants to send me (or sell me a used one for well under
retail pricing) a Marc 2 or 4 of the sort that specs are
posted for, I'd be happy to write an alsa driver for it.  I have
experience writing linux drivers for other hardware under NDA.  If
someone did this, once I had the Marc driver done, I'd be happy to try
to approach Marian about UCON information.

--
Joshua D. Boyd
jdboyd at jdboyd.net
http://www.jdboyd.net/