[linux-audio-dev] Re: very nice looking HW

nescivi nescivi at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 14:53:45 UTC 2006

Hiho,

On 9/10/06, Martin Habets <errandir_news at mph.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

> Since it's a USB device, I wonder if it's USB "standards-compliant".
> Given there is no OSX driver either, the answer might be be no in which
> case the driver would pretty much have to written from scratch and
> could not be reused.

It is not standards compliant with the usb-audio standard. It will not
work with the snd-usb-audio driver. I had the chance to test this in
the music-shop in Cologne, where the shop keepers were very nice and
let me connect both the UCON CX and the Edirol UA101, to see what
would come up under Linux.

It shows up as a Vendor Specific device, which means they came up with
their own protocol to communicate the audio data via USB.

sincerely,
Marije