[LAD] New Post or what ...

Xavier Amatriain xavier at create.ucsb.edu
Sat Apr 21 01:08:24 UTC 2007

I don't know about this particular demo, but not along ago I attended a
Iosono [1] demo at Disney and it was
pretty amazing. Especially one that recreated the space of a jazz pub
and you could literally walk in between
the band and get in between random conversations. Pretty convincing I
must say. Although for other effects there
is a clear problem as soon as you walk out of the sweet spot.

If they are talking about projecting "inside" I am assuming that they
are using wavefield synthesis technique [2] in which
case no, you can't get that with 7.1. You need a very close separation
between each source to create a planar wave.

[1] http://www.iosono-sound.com/
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave_field_synthesis1