[linux-audio-dev] processing plugin standard wrapper

Malte Steiner steiner at block4.com
Mon Feb 12 16:52:46 UTC 2007

its not clear if you meant processing or proce55ing as in proce55ing.org.
It would be difficult and against the platform independence nature of
the ladder.
If you meant a wrapper to handle the plugin formats on Linux in general
and transparent way, its a tough goal too. One tricky part is different
UI handling. I remember being annoyed by Apple and their constant change
of the UI handling of their AudioUnits so I gave up on the end. I expect
they change everything for OSX 10.5 again. It was a  lot of trouble in
one (socalled) standard/format so I guess it quadruples by throwing in
several ones.

Cheers,

Malte

--