[linux-audio-dev] processing plugin standard wrapper

David García Garzón dgarcia at iua.upf.edu
Mon Feb 12 19:03:12 UTC 2007

On Monday 12 February 2007 17:36:50 Stefano D'Angelo wrote:
> 2007/2/12, Malte Steiner <steiner at block4.com>:
> > Stefano D'Angelo wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > > who would be interested in writing a processing plugin standard
> > > wrapper (LADSPA, DSSI, LV2, VST, etc.)?
> >
> > As far as I know, DSSI accepts OSC for controling so you could use the
> > OSC library for processing to create for instance a gui for DSSI
> > instruments without the need of any wrappers.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Malte
> >
> > --
> > Malte Steiner
> > media art + development
> > -www.block4.com-
>
> I was addressing a different matter: a compatibility layer for
> different plugin standards.

Well, that's our intent in CLAM[1]. The goal is that CLAM should be able to
run a given processing algorithm transparently under several backends.
Currently we support, to some extend, PortAudio, Jack, Alsa, and VST. The
first three backends can be used with a Qt Designer interface. We still have
to face several fronts: Unifying the interface to fit all the backends,
incorporating more backends (some work on Ladspa has been done), and enabling
Qt GUI's to more backends (notably VST).

This work in progress should be due for the next months, so any requirements
or feedback is very wellcome.

David.

[1] http://clam.iua.upf.edu