[linux-audio-dev] Recommended books for new audio developers

Damon Chaplin damon at karuna.eclipse.co.uk
Tue Jan 16 12:05:53 UTC 2007

Hi,

What are the recommended books to read for people new to audio
development? (Covering things like synthesis techniques, effects
processing and basic acoustics stuff.)

On the bottom of the Documentation section of linux-sound.org I found
these 2:

Computer Music Tutorial
  by Curtis Roads (1995, 1254 pages)

Computer Music: Synthesis, Composition, and Performance
  by Charles Dodge and Thomas Jerse (1997, 480 pages)

Though they seem quite old. Is there anything newer or better?

I guess for Linux-specific issues you have to read the docs/source for
things like ALSA, Jack, LADSPA/LV2, DSSI & LASH.

Damon