[linux-audio-dev] LADSPA needs & wishes

Lars Luthman lars.luthman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 14:41:30 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 13:49 +0000, Chris Cannam wrote:
> On Monday 29 Jan 2007 07:39, Nedko Arnaudov wrote:
> > Chris Cannam <cannam at all-day-breakfast.com> writes:
> > > What are they?  Do they do anything else, besides host LV2 plugins?
> >
> > I'm aware of these LV2 hosts:
> >  * jack_host from libslv2 project, by Dave Robillard
> >  * elven from ll-plugins project, by Lars Luthman
> >  * zynjacku, by me
> >  * maybe ingen (om), by Dave Robillard, LV2 support is ready too
>
> Thanks.  Is there any more information about Elven (besides the code)?

Elven is not really meant to be used. It's an experimental host and a
perpetual work-in-progress that I'm writing to test new extensions and
to see how hard it is to write a basic LV2 host from scratch, including
Turtle parsing and RDF subgraph querying (conclusion: not very hard).

> What about Dino?

Dino doesn't do audio. It could maybe use LV2 for filtering and
generating MIDI, but I can't think of any real uses for that that
wouldn't be easier to do as a part of the actual program instead of a
plugin.

--ll