[linux-audio-dev] LV2 buffersize extensions (was: LADSPA...)

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Mon Jan 29 17:57:00 UTC 2007

On Monday 29 January 2007 18:22, Steve Harris wrote:

> > http://tapas.affenbande.org/lv2/ext/fixed-buffersize

> > http://tapas.affenbande.org/lv2/ext/power-of-two-buffersize

> Great idea. I've got some plugins that will benefit a lot by this. We
> should link to known extensions on the http://lv2plug.in/ site.
>
> FWIW, my provisional plan was to wait until it seemed like time for a
> LV2 1.1 (hopefully not too soon :), then roll all the "popular"
> extensions into that.

Ah, i don't mean this extension has to become part of the core LV2 spec.
Nonono. I was just wondering whether it makes sense that i maintain this
seperately and keep the extension URI to my site.

Is there a plan to host some very common extensions on the lv2 site (URI
having lv2plug.in in it and docs on the lv2 site), too? If so i would like to
see these extensions included.

> It doesn't make a huge amount of difference whether their included or
> not though.

Well, just a visibility thing. By having some extensions documented
and "hosted" on lv2plug.in they probably get more visibility than others. For
certain "almost core" functionality this would make sense i think.

> Before you ask, no I don't have a definition for "popular".

Hehe :)

Flo

--
Palimm Palimm!