[linux-audio-dev] LV2 buffersize extensions (was: LADSPA...)

Steve Harris steve at plugin.org.uk
Mon Jan 29 18:20:28 UTC 2007

On 29 Jan 2007, at 17:57, Florian Schmidt wrote:

> On Monday 29 January 2007 18:22, Steve Harris wrote:
>
>>> http://tapas.affenbande.org/lv2/ext/fixed-buffersize
>
>>> http://tapas.affenbande.org/lv2/ext/power-of-two-buffersize
>
>> Great idea. I've got some plugins that will benefit a lot by this. We
>> should link to known extensions on the http://lv2plug.in/ site.
>>
>> FWIW, my provisional plan was to wait until it seemed like time for a
>> LV2 1.1 (hopefully not too soon :), then roll all the "popular"
>> extensions into that.
>
> Ah, i don't mean this extension has to become part of the core LV2
> spec.
> Nonono. I was just wondering whether it makes sense that i maintain
> this
> seperately and keep the extension URI to my site.
>
> Is there a plan to host some very common extensions on the lv2 site
> (URI
> having lv2plug.in in it and docs on the lv2 site), too? If so i
> would like to
> see these extensions included.

Ah, I see. In principle that's fine, but in practice I suspect it's
easier for you to edit the content on your own site. OTOH if people
are happy to maintain the content via WebDAV then I'm happy to host
extensions at http://lv2plugin.in/extension/foo or similar.

There should definitely be links to the extensions from the spec site
either way.

>> It doesn't make a huge amount of difference whether their included or
>> not though.
>
> Well, just a visibility thing. By having some extensions documented
> and "hosted" on lv2plug.in they probably get more visibility than
> others. For
> certain "almost core" functionality this would make sense i think.

Well, for any really. URIs are free and we're not going to run out ;)

- Steve