[linux-audio-dev] Old hat - comparison against windows

Bob Ham rah at bash.sh
Wed Jan 31 11:27:26 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 23:30 +0100, torbenh at gmx.de wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 30, 2007 at 09:18:06PM +0000, Bob Ham wrote:

> > > The word "FUD" comes to mind.  No idea why.
> >
> > Further to that, something constructive: perhaps you could try telling
> > your customers why *you* chose linux, rather than trying to find reasons
> > to tell them *they* should.
>
> the customers dont notice. they still use windows or no computers at
> all.
>
> it looks rather like a question from the management.

You are correct there.  From the modern business perspective, though,
management are Michael's personal customers.

I think the argument still applies.  If your goal is to convince someone
that your choice of linux is correct, telling them why you chose linux
in the first place seems, to me at least, to be the best method, rather
than seeking out reasons which you yourself haven't been concerned with
previously.

Bob

--
Bob Ham <rah at bash.sh>