[LAD] What hardware is actually used by freebob/ffado users?

Pieter Palmers pieterp at joow.be
Tue Jul 31 10:57:54 UTC 2007

[Appologies for the cross-posting]
[Please DON'T use reply-to-all to reply on this email]

Hi all,

With this I'm hoping to gather some data that can help us in convincing
the firewire device manufacturers that we are of some significance to
their sales (I'm actually wondering if we are...). So I would like to
ask everyone on these lists that has/considers/considered purchasing a
firewire audio device if they would be so kind as to answer the
following questionnaire.

** Those that have bought one or more firewire devices...
* can you provide which device(s), preferably with their GUID (can be
found out using gscanbus or sometimes on the device itself)

* Do they work with linux?

** Those that considered buying a firewire device:
* What device(s) did you consider buying?

* What device did you go for in the end (if applicable)?

* To what extent was the lack of Linux support a determining factor in
your decision?

** Those that consider buying a firewire device:
* What device(s) are you consider buying?

* How important is Linux support for you?

** any comments?

It would be nice if you would reply to this email with the answers
inlined with the questions. Please don't reply-to-all but reply to
pieterp at joow.be in order not to spam the mailing list with these
answers. It would also be nice if you left the subject line intact such
that I can auto-filter these messages.

Again, sorry to bother you guys with this, but it's a bit difficult to
convince manufacturers without some decent data.

Thanks,

Pieter Palmers
ffado.org

PS: If you know other freebob/ffado users that are not subscribed to
these list please pass this mail on.