[LAD] LADSPA dilemma

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Sat Jun 16 13:16:32 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jun 16, 2007 at 01:47:26PM +0200, Tim Goetze wrote:

> My stance is that if you do it host-side, you only have to do it once.
> This I hold to be an enormous advantage in itself, for all parties
> involved.

For off-line processing a host could 'play it safe', and call the
plugin's run() once with zero data and a small nframes, before
starting the real work. This will work for plugins that interpolate
over a single period. It could be done immediately after the
activate(), and by the same thread, if you can ensure it won't
be called at the same time from another context.

It would also be possible to define that calling run() with nframes
equal to zero means 'update your internal state to the current
control values', but this not specified in the LADSPA specs.

--
FA

Follie! Follie! Delirio vano è questo !