[linux-audio-dev] List migration to linuxaudio.org : remaining issues.

Marc-Olivier Barre mobarre at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 16:07:03 UTC 2007

Hi everyone,

As I said yesterday when I said the migration to linuxaudio.org was
postponed till 1st April, there are still a few issues asking for
comments.

It has been suggested by a few people(Ivica Ico Bukvic, Jan Weil) that
the email addresses linux-audio-xxxxx at linuxaudio.org was kind of
redundant. The following suggestions were made :

¤ just switch the names to announce at linuxaudio.org,
dev at linuxaudio.org, and user at linuxaudio.org.

¤ Make aliases : linux-audio-dev at linuxaudio.org -> dev at linuxaudio.org

To this Leonard Ritter replied that this could lead to more spam.

IMO, since we are working on a spamassassin+mailman interfacing, it
should not be a problem. The aliases seem the solution that could make
everyone happy since both type of addresses would work and the lists
would keep their "historical" names.

Ready, steady... FLAME !
Marc-Olivier Barre,
Markinoko.

PS : please reply to both lists (I'll try to be swift on moderating
users that are not registered on both lists) so everyone can enjoy
your comments :-)