[linux-audio-dev] List migration to linuxaudio.org : remaining issues.

Marc-Olivier Barre mobarre at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 18:34:02 UTC 2007

On 3/1/07, Robin Gareus <robin at gareus.org> wrote:
> he might be right. a random bot is more likely to spam
> user at linuxaudio.org than linux-audio-user at ...
Ok, right...

> a compromise woud be la-user, la-dev , la-ann  -
> or user-ml at .. (mailing-list), etc. (but that's not catchy enough)
Agreed

> I'd suggest to alias the other way round:
> if dev at linuxaudio.org is Spammed, you can announce and drop this feature
> again while everyone  with "linux-audio-dev at linuxaudio.org" in their
> address book won't ever notice.

If I understand you well, it means making dev at linuxaudio.org an alias
(that can be dropped if causing too much issues) right ?

> in short term dev at .. will have less SPAM than linux-audio-dev, and in
> the long-run SpamAssassin will mark dup.-postings in blacklists..
Well, to be honest ATM there seems to be no spam on linux-audio-dev to
be moderated and none received in my mailbox (from lad). It has always
surprised me.

> OTOH; with dev at lao - we'd benefit from a shorter subject! [la-dev]
> compared to [linux-audio-dev] - there are usually < 50 chars for subject
> in a 80x24 terminal :) - for email shortcuts there is an addressbook and
> personally I use "LAD" as nick for it.

Prefix for the subject line can be changed. It's the subject_prefix
parameter. we could make it [LAD], [LAU] and [LAA] (that's the
shortest I can think of and it would make terminal users happy).