[linux-audio-dev] Hi, is it possible to record multi channel speech audio and down sample it 2 stereo channels BUT with horizontal audio positioning of each audio channel ie. like dolby surround effect. I'm not looking to make multi channel podcast, just a plain stere

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 09:15:22 UTC 2007

Hi,
is it possible to record multi channel speech audio and down sample it
2 stereo channels BUT with horizontal audio positioning of each audio
channel ie. like dolby surround effect.

I'm not looking to make multi channel podcast, just a plain stereo
podcast. Ok, not just plain, maybe better term is enhanced podcast
with "dolby surround" or "binaural" effect so that different voices
appear to be coming from different positions.

The idea is to make a podcast with 5 (or more/less people) and record
each of them individually and to make an stereo file for distribution
but such that each person has a distinct "location" in your ear. So
you can hear that person A is in front of you, person B is on the far
left, person C is to the right but closer to center... and so on.

I would maybe have 3 channels sometimes and sometimes maybe 7
channels, it differs by the amount of guests there are in each podcast
show.

Is there some linux audio tool which I could feed 3-7 wav tracks and
define where in horizontal space I want each channel to be located -
and it makes final stereo track with this "binaural" or "Dolby
surround" enhanced podcast?

Thank you in advance.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/