[linux-audio-dev] promoting LAC 2007

Chris Cannam cannam at all-day-breakfast.com
Tue Mar 27 13:23:07 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 27 Mar 2007 14:08, Pieter Palmers wrote:
> During the panel discussion he basically said that the "sell
> shrinkwrapped boxes" model works pretty fine for them and that he
> doesn't see any reasons for them to change. And I think he also said
> that he didn't see any opportunities for open source in that field.
>
> Now that I write it down like this, I'm even more puzzled as to why
> they actually sponsored. Maybe my mental recorder is somehow broken
> and I don't remember things correctly.

I remember it much the same way.  I was a bit hungover though.

I'm guessing that whatever they sponsored was probably quite affordable
and it was just an opportunity to meet up with people from the old uni,
see what Linux developers are doing, and/or evangelise to us about the
delights of the proprietary software model.

Chris